Investigate sites to identify any physical or environmental risks. Perform field studies including airborne chemical monitoring, noise monitoring, indoor air quality, asbestos surveys and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Develop sampling strategies and outline required analysis. Research regulatory standards and hazard data. Evaluate sampling results. Prepare risk assessment reports and develop recommendations to correct and improve the environment. Present and communicate findings and report recommendations to clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient industrial hygiene professional responsible for conducting site testing and making recommendations for systems design on smaller projects of minimal complexity.
- May assist more senior industrial hygienists, scientists and engineers on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for approval by senior level professionals.
- Evaluates moderately complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or participate in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- May oversee work performed by lower level industrial hygienists, scientists, technicians or engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related science field.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.