Burns & McDonnell is accepting applications for a Staff Project Engineer in Atlanta, GA. The Staff Project Engineer will provide high level direction to all engineering design efforts for Design-only and/or Design-Build/EPC projects. Design-only projects will encompass engineering design work for traditional design-bid-build projects. Design-Build/EPC projects will encompass all design, procurement and construction management activities.
- Direct discipline and overall engineering design efforts for Design-only and/or EPC projects.
- Develop discipline man-hour budgets and work breakdown structure (WBS) codes.
- Draft overall engineering man-hour budgets.
- Perform independent quality and completeness reviews of engineering deliverables.
- Coordinate schedule, budget and progress measurement functions with project controls teams.
- Coordinate discipline design change notifications and draft client change orders.
- Direct field engineering services from home office and/or field locations.
- Prepare project cost estimates.
- Prepare subcontract plan and subcontractor bid and award packages.
- Prepare turnover and start-up plans.
- Responsible for the implementation and use of in-house and client design and construction specifications.
- Maintain project action item lists and design RFI l.
- Perform internal and client design reviews.
- Direct internal progress, status and review meetings: publish meeting minutes.
- Prepare monthly client status reports.
- Monitor discipline progress with vendor submittals
- Direct vendor expediting efforts.
- Develop vendor quality oversight plans.
- Direct procurement process (equipment, piping, instruments, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years of detailed engineering design experience for design-only and/or EPC projects.
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to develop and manage workplans, schedules and budgets and provide leadership to a diverse project team a plus.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Burns & McDonnell here.