Structural BIM Designer (St. Louis, MO)
Jacobs Engineering is accepting applications for a Structural BIM Designer (St. Louis, MO)
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable.
Become part of our St. Louis, MO team as a Structural BIM Designer who is excited about enabling the heart of our clients’ business and executing designs ranging from new, multi-building complexes to full-scale renovations of historic structures. Our Structural Designers determine how to best convey structural requirements to the full design and construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. They are much more than drafters picking up red marks. You will be an integral member of the design team, using strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Structural Engineers and Structural Designers, other disciplines, and construction trade partners. As part of this team, you will develop design concepts, create the model from scratch, and coordinate designs using clash detection tools to resolve both real and modeled conflicts.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload, making and keeping your own commitments, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and taking full ownership of your product while ensuring quality standards are met. Your opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own motivation, capabilities, and attitude.
This position is an opportunity to become a vital part of a growing team focused primarily on Federal delivery while expanding into private sector client space. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures. Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to mitigate clashes.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Understands a typical QA/QC process and can work well in a digital (PDF’s included) environment.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- Actively support the maintenance of standards of practice and techniques for BIM/CAD.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other BIM/CAD Designers and Engineers.
- Experienced designers will need to delegate to junior designers when appropriate, plus mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of extensive Revit experience in the Structural field
- Interest in utilizing graphical programming and scripting (e.g. Dynamo, Python, etc.)
- Experience in utilizing Revit Add-ons
- Reinforced concrete and steel detailing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- United States Citizenship
Ideally, You Will Also Have:
- At least 10 years of Revit experience in the Structural field
- Experience and capable in developing Dynamo scripts for Revit
- Experience importing structural analytical models (RAM SS, Risa-3D, ETABS) into Revit
- An Associates degree in Design, Drafting, or BIM technology
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with masonry, cold-formed steel, and timber structures
- Experience with Federal facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Jacobs Engineering here.