Are you a highly motivated individual looking to begin a career in civil-structural design where your talents are valued and encouraged to grow? Would you like the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that require “outside the box” solutions to Alaska’s unique design challenges? PND's Palmer office is seeking engineers interested in focusing on building and heavy industrial structural design work. This role requires an energetic, positive individual with strong communications skills and the ability to work closely with other engineers and a variety of clients to develop calculations, drawings, specifications, and estimates for various projects.
- Determine structural loads and design requirements for a variety of project locations and building types.
- Perform structural calculations for the analysis and design of existing and new buildings, bridges, retaining, and other structures.
- Assist in the development of construction drawings in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Assist in the inspection and condition assessment of existing structures and develop well written technical engineering reports in MS Word that clearly communicate the methods of investigation, observations, and recommendations.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and technicians both inside and outside of the company to coordinate work within related fields such as geotechnical engineering, site-civil design, surveying, environmental engineering, and permitting.
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering school.
- Alaska Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) registration or eligible for E.I.T. within 6 months of hire.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software -- RISA 3D, RAM Structural System, eTabs, etc., as well as Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ability to think and perform work independently.
- Completed college coursework should preferably include statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, determinate and indeterminate structural analysis, soils analysis, foundation design, steel design, concrete design, timber design and technical writing.
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and oral communication skills in English necessary to communicate with clients, coworkers, and contractors.
- Self-motivated to continue learning in areas of structural design, material behavior and design of materials.
- Willingness to travel within Alaska, the U.S., or any worldwide site on an occasional basis.
- Valid U.S. driver's license, good driving record, and vehicle insurance.
- Legal authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. without need for sponsorship.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited school.
- Knowledge of structural loads, load paths, relevant design codes/standards, specifications, contract documents, and constructability.
- Alaskan resident with strong ties to the state preferably located in the Mat-Su valley.
PND offers a competitive benefit package including overtime premium; discretionary bonus; paid vacation and holidays; comprehensive health (medical, dental, and vision) plans; life and disability insurance; and an exceptional, industry-leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.