PND Engineers is accepting applications for a Structural Engineer (Entry Level) - Waterfront & Special Projects (Houston, TX)
Are you a motivated civil / structural engineer or upcoming civil engineering grad ready to join the team in our Houston, Texas, office? This role requires an individual with a great technical education and a positive attitude to untangle problems not necessarily encountered in a textbook. You will work with multi-disciplinary engineers and designers on a variety of interesting projects located regionally and throughout the country. The position offers the opportunity for growing responsibility developing design projects from concept through construction working on calculations, drawings, specifications, estimates and reports for various coastal/marine, transportation, and construction engineering projects.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with performing structural calculations, analyzing and designing existing and new marine structures, bridges, retaining walls, and other heavy civil structures.
- Analysis for vertical and lateral loads including seismic and non-linear analysis of structures.
- Assist in the development of construction drawings in AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- Perform condition assessments of existing structures and develop technical engineering reports describing the methods of investigation, observations, and recommendations.
- Work with other engineers, technicians, and scientists in the office and in the field to perform work in other related disciplines such as geotechnical engineering, site-civil design, surveying, environmental engineering, hydrology, and permitting.
- Perform construction inspections including pile driving analysis and verification of as-built details.
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering school.
- Successful completion of F.E. exam, or ability to do so within 6 months of hire.
- 0-3 years of experience. Previous construction and/or engineering experience and knowledge desired.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software – REVIT, RISA, SAP, ETABS, etc., as well as AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- Proven team player with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and strong ability to think and perform work independently.
- Willingness and ability to perform any and all tasks including design, site assessments, inspections, marketing, and administrative duties.
- Completed college coursework should include statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, determinate and indeterminate structural analysis, soils analysis, foundation design, steel design, concrete design, timber design and technical writing.
- Some geotechnical coursework or experience is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of structural loads, load paths, relevant design codes/standards, specifications, contract documents and constructability.
- Strong communication skills - technical writing and oral communication necessary to communicate with clients, coworkers, and contractors.
- Strong desire and self-motivated to continue learning in areas of structural design, advances in knowledge of material behavior, design of materials, and construction methods.
- Some travel is expected.
- Valid U.S. driver's license and good driving record.
When you join PND Engineers, you become part of one of the country’s premier civil/structural consulting engineering firms. Now in our 43rd year of operation, we are a young firm, and we will retain the perspective of a young company as we continually adapt and innovate to meet our clients’ changing needs in an evolving market. Join our focused, ambitious, and energetic team of over 100 across several offices in Texas, Alaska, Washington, Oregon. PND’s Houston office is a strategic base for honing our focus on design opportunities in the energy industry, on marine facilities, and throughout Harris County. We are conveniently located in Northwest Houston on Hwy 249, just off the Sam Houston Parkway. PND offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including comprehensive health (medical, dental, and vision) plans, life and disability insurance, and an exceptional, industry-leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan. We offer 18 paid time off days and 9 paid holidays annually, and a tuition reimbursement program for those pursuing graduate coursework.
PND is an EOE/AA Employer--Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.