AMI Consulting Engineers is accepting applications for a Structural Engineer-Intern in Superior, WI. Are you studying structural engineering and seeking an opportunity to build your resume, develop your engineering skills and gain valuable on the job experience while working on a broad range of real world projects?
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is currently accepting applications for a structural engineering intern to join our team in the Superior, WI office. The qualified candidate will be responsible for assisting with assessment, planning, and execution of structural designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions and modifications to existing structures while working on projects under the supervision of another engineer.
The successful candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, have impeccable follow through, be passionate about their work, enjoy project variety and problem solving while taking ownership and responsibility for assigned projects and tasks. This candidate should also be team oriented, honest and have a helpful disposition with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff in the preparation of construction documents, detailed calculations and specifications for structural systems within established project schedules and budgets.
- Work independently and with team members
- Perform site visits, collect field data, perform research and analysis, and prepare field reports
- College student pursuing a career in structural engineering
- Self-starter and results driven
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Working knowledge of either Risa 3D or Ram Elements
- Valid drivers license
- Previous engineering intern experience
- Working knowledge of MathCAD and AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of structural system design
Wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position may be eligible for fulltime employment, upon candidate’s graduation.
About AMI Consulting Engineers, PA
AMI is a leading civil, environmental, marine, mechanical, and structural engineering firm that was established in 2006. AMI provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with high standards of professionalism, quality control, and representation upheld throughout all projects. AMI has offices located in: Superior, WI (Duluth, MN); Virginia, MN; Vadnais Heights, MN; and Pensacola, FL. AMI believes in work/life balance and has a flexible work environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at any employer and have a valid driver’s license.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about AMI Consulting Engineers here.