PND Engineers is accepting applications for a Structural Engineer - Marine/Waterfront (Houston, TX)
PND Engineers’ Houston Office is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to lead and perform planning and design efforts for waterfront structures and marine infrastructure projects. Projects include vessel mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads, breakwater and shore protection structures. As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will work independently on projects as a leader of a team through all phases of a project lifecycle. You will be responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural emphasis from an ABET accredited school. Master's degree preferred.
- Texas P.E. registration or ability to receive registration within 6 months.
- 8+ years of relevant full-time experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of structural loads, structural behavior, and material behavior.
- Strong ability to develop and lead project teams.
- Strong ability to work with owners, other disciplines, project stakeholders, and contractors as need to facilitate project execution.
- Ability to manage and produce accurate, efficient work within budget and time constraints.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Valid U.S. drivers’ license and good driving record required.
When you join PND Engineers, you become part of one of the country’s premier civil/structural consulting engineering firms. Now in our 43rd year of operation, we are a young firm, and we will retain the perspective of a young company as we continually adapt and innovate to meet our clients’ changing needs in an evolving market. Join our focused, ambitious, and energetic team of over 100 across several offices in Texas, Alaska, Washington, Oregon. PND’s Houston office is a strategic base for honing our focus on design opportunities in the energy industry, on marine facilities, and throughout Harris County. We are conveniently located in Northwest Houston on Hwy 249, just off the Sam Houston Parkway. PND offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including comprehensive health (medical, dental, and vision) plans, life and disability insurance, and an exceptional, industry-leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan.