Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
As a Student Trainee (Engineering Technology), you will work under the supervision of a higher graded employee, performing a variety of limited routine tasks.
- Pathways Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Review contractor shop drawings to ensure compliance with contract specifications and drawings and detailing standards.
- Prepares technical correspondence, reports and memoranda pertaining to contract administration, construction problems pay estimates, computations and contractual matters.
- Coordinates with field personnel, advising in setting up and processing final earthwork and stonework computations handled by electronic computer methods
- Makes necessary reviews to ensure that all required contract administration actions are complete before such release.
Conditions of Employment
Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
This position requires a student to be in good standing in their academic program and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
This position requires the student to be able to routinely travel back and forth daily to the selected duty station in Vicksburg, MS, Greenwood, Ms or Vidalia, LA.
Who May Apply: Students who are eligible for participation in the Department of the Army Internship Program.
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled). Short-term training programs (e.g., several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.
To apply, please visit USAJOBS.com https://www.usajobs.gov/Applicant/Application/501573300/Resumes/