The Submarine Cable Equipment & Plow Technician will play a pivotal role in the installation, maintenance, and advancement of submarine cable. This position demands strong technical acumen, problem-solving skill, and expertise in PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) programming, mechanics, electrical, and electronics principles, along with the ability to interpret blueprints and technical specifications. Excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with a team, will be essential to success in this role.
Submarine Cable Equipment & Plow Technician Responsibilities:
- Operation of submarine cable lay and burial equipment as a part of the cable installation team.
- Ensure efficient and precises execution of cable laying and burial procedures.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on cable handling equipment and systems to ensure optimal functionality.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections of cable handling equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot and address issues related to software, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Develop and modify equipment software code for submarine cable and remote underwater intervention systems.
- Contribute to the development of priority equipment and software for the submarine cable division.
- Stay informed about advancing technology in the field and recommend upgrades to equipment or systems, as necessary.
- Coordinate advanced repairs with manufacturers and specialized repair or fabrication groups.
- Manage both in-house and third-party fabrication of new cable equipment, ensuring quality and compliance with specifications.
- Strictly adhere to safety protocol and guideline of offshore and submarine work environments
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities and repairs.
- Assist with the mobilization and demobilization of all cable installation projects.
- Ensure that submarine cable lay, and burial equipment meet industry standards and specifications.
- Participate in quality assurance processes to verify the integrity and reliability of installed cables.
- Other duties as assigned.
Submarine Cable Equipment & Plow Technician Qualifications:
- Associate degree in science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in submarine cable industry
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Proficiency in updating and writing new code for submarine cable control and data acquisition software.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Set up and integrate Teledyne Blue View Sonar (or comparable systems) into plow control.
- Integrate USBL Transponders, GPS systems, plow altimeter, pitch, roll and yaw sensors into plow control and data capture software.
- General knowledge of OSHA regulations and marine safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative.
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length and deliver on deadlines.
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the seventh year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan Company here.