Submarine Propulsor Engineering Analysts (Washington, D.C.)
Trabus Technologies is accepting applications for a Submarine Propulsor Engineering Analysts in Washington, D.C. Trabus Technologies (TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last seven years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Submarine Engineering Propulsor Analyst who will support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) VIRGINIA Submarine Class Program Office (PMS 450) as part of the Ship Acquisition Program Manager (SHAPM) contract. The Submarine Engineering Propulsor Analyst will support PMS 450 in a hybrid environment but when on-site, will support at the Navy Yard in Washington, DC. Our Submarine Engineering Propulsor Analyst will provide senior technical expertise in the area of propulsor castings and foundry operations for submarine construction and repair. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As a Submarine Engineering Propulsor Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide engineering expertise for submarine propulsion and propulsor systems to the VIRGINIA Class Submarine Acquisition Program Office.
- Evaluate preparations, plans, drawings, and diagrams for new construction submarines and submarines in overhaul availabilities. Provide engineering expertise to provide timely propulsor recommendations to the program office or design/repair yard.
- Conduct research on, and maintain currency, for new propulsion/propulsor technologies in order to incorporate into future design/repair plans.
You will be a good fit if you have the following experience, qualifications, or certifications:
- Familiar with Program and Acquisition Management, Submarine New Construction planning and repair procedures.
- Prior submarine engineering experience or nuclear submarine design/repair shipyard experience.
- Experience with hydrodynamics, flow dynamics, and nuclear engineering propulsion systems.
- Experience with shipyard new construction/repair planning, procedures, and acquisition management procedures in the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA).
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical, Electrical, Nuclear Engineering, Fluid or Hydrodynamics, or other related field of discipline.
- Detail Oriented
- A Department of Defense final adjudicated Secret clearance.
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas, or additional certifications/education:
- Master’s degree in in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering; Fluid Dynamics, Hydrodynamics, or other related discipline.
- Professional Engineer certification
- Excellent communication skills
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Fluid or Hydrodynamics, or Nuclear Engineering; or other related discipline.
This position requires you to have a fully adjudicated Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/ and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Trabus Technologies here.