Federal Marine Terminals (FMT) is accepting applications for a Superintendent (Lake Charles, LA; Milwaukee, WI).
FMT has been handling cargoes in the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River and along the East and Gulf coasts since 1960. Originally established to complement the freight operations of Montreal-based Fednav, FMT soon began to function independently and is now recognized as an industry leader servicing bulk, specialized, and general cargo needs.
We are currently looking for a Superintendent to work at our terminals located in Lake Charles, Louisiana and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Reporting to the General Manager, the positions’ main focus is to perform duties to sustain optimal performance of FMT.
- Supervision of warehouse, vessel and terminal functions.
- Ensure that the labor utilized in all FMT operations is effectively managed to get maximum productivity from the labor hired.
- Planning of daily manning required to accomplish forecasted workload and assign employees specific duties.
- Ensure that all terminal and warehouse operations are properly documented.
- Become an experienced user of FMT’s Cargo Management System (CMS) software.
- Investigate customer complaints, damages or shortages, and assist in opening of a claim file if necessary.
- Assist as needed with maintaining flow of paperwork to customers.
- Promote and enforce safety rules, OSHA regulations and all FMT administrative and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all warehouse and terminal storage areas are properly managed to ensure safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Investigate and prepare accident, injury, and disciplinary reports as necessary.
- Become an active participant in FMT’s safety program.
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 3- 5 years prior experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in maritime is considered an asset
- Prior supervisory experience
- Intermediate computer skills, MS office
- Able to work weekends and evenings, and nights
- Ability to interact comfortably with many types of people
Company pays 90% of the premiums for employees and their dependents for:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Life/AD&D Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- IRS Regulated Reimbursement Accounts
401K/ Company match is 100% on the first 6% of employee deferral
Employee Development Program
Year-end bonuses program
Employee Assistance Program/100% free and confidential
Athletic Subsidy Program
Paid vacation time
Honesty, integrity, commitment to professional excellence, regard for employees and
corporate responsibility define our values.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.