Superintendent (New Orleans, LA)
This position is responsible for the safe execution of heavy civil and/or marine field construction operations in an economical, efficient, and timely manner. He or she supervises craft foreman and craft personnel in their execution of construction operations and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the construction operation; maintains daily diary.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with other project personnel, including subcontractors, suppliers, and owner representatives.
- Understands contract documents to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Responsible for the procurement and/or coordination of tools, materials, construction equipment and certain permanent materials and the delivery of the same in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates with other supervisory and engineering personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
- Works with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel, subcontractors/suppliers, and inspectors to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that there is quality workmanship which conforms to contract documents and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Responsible for compliance with all OSHA regulations and Company safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining an Incident and Injury Free work environment.
- Responsible for compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Performs additional assignments per direction of the General Superintendent
- High school diploma and 15 years of relevant experience and/or training.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a marine and/or heavy civil construction environment
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Effective communication skills and ability to supervise large groups.
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, leadership, and decision-making ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Massman Construction Co. is a leading national heavy civil, bridge, and marine contractor providing innovation and adding value in a variety of infrastructure markets. Our primary clients are Departments of Transportation, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, barge & ship dock owners, and Class 1 railroads. In addition to being an award-winning organization, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. We inspire our employees to work and live a safe, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyle.
At Massman Construction Co. you will earn:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- An excellent benefits package including top tier health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, long term disability insurance, access to dental and vision insurance, and more.
- An outstanding retirement program including a 401(k) plan with a company match and a discretionary profit- sharing contribution.
To learn more and apply for this position: