Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is accepting applications for a Survey Crew Chief (Raynham, MA; Charlotte, NC; Cincinnati and Columbus, OH; Monroeville and Pittsburgh, PA; Knoxville, TN; Bridgeport, WV)
As a Survey Crew Chief for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will work both independently as well as with crew members conducting the field survey work relating to boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title surveys, topographic surveys, photo control surveys, route surveys, and construction stakeout under the responsible charge of the Registered Professional Surveyor. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the field crew using standard operating procedures and current health and safety standards. The daily duties include the operation of robotic total stations and GPS receivers to accurately collect relevant data and information in a concise manner as well as cut brush, drive stakes, take detailed notes and diagrams and maintain company equipment and survey vehicles. You will demonstrate excellent attention to detail throughout the survey process to assist a Licensed Surveyor with a variety of projects including crew scheduling and daily assignments, developing deed work maps, developing base maps, and conducting courthouse research to collect right of way property information.
- 5-8 years' survey crew chief experience;
- Skilled in the use of GPS devices, data collectors and/or Total Station;
- Work requires independent judgment and initiative;
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and instruments used in computer aided drafting;
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications, plans, and regulations related to construction;
- Knowledge of industry specific safe workplace principles and practices;
- Ability to operate motorized equipment;
- Ability to work long hours outdoors under various field conditions and exposure to traffic, heat, cold, and other adverse conditions;
- Valid Driver's License.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with more than 1,000 team members and 23 offices nationwide. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEC is consistently ranked among the top firms on Engineering News-Record’s annual lists of the Top Design Firms and Top Environmental Firms.
At CEC, every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. Because their success is our success. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. Because we don’t just work at CEC. We own it.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.