Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing is accepting applications for a Survey Draftsman in Murray, KY. The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. With 120+ employees in eight office locations, we are committed to offering excellence and exceptional service on every project.
Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our employees are uniquely talented and strive to be the best in their field. By nurturing the curiosity and talent of our employees, we provide them with the tools for success both personally and professionally, enabling each individual to determine the trajectory of their career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of survey and engineering drawings from sketches, field notes, verbal description, and specifications
- Communicate design approaches and decisions with supporting documentation to project engineers and project managers
- Drafting and engineering design using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Willingness to work in field as required
- Work under the supervision of a professional land surveyor to prepare several types of survey drawings
- More than 1 year AutoCAD experience preferred
- Ability to understand boundary and topographic surveys preferred
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective work in both individual and team environments
- Candidates with experience in land surveying are encouraged to apply
- Compensation will be based on skill level and experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing here.