Kiewit is accepting applications for a Survey Party Chief (Fort Worth, TX)
As a Surveyor, you will play an integral role in establishing and maintaining methods for safe, accurate and efficient Survey Field Operations. You will have responsibilities over field survey operations, and should plan to spend the majority of your time in the field performing survey field operations.
Kiewit’s South Central District is one of our largest infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, structural concrete/bridge, water/wastewater, and transportation projects. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more - so be ready to get your hands dirty! While headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the majority of our work is concentrated in the Central and South-Central regions of the United States. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry rather than design.
Requisition ID: 147179
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: South Central District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
Field Survey Operations:
• Implementing the project survey plan specific to field operations.
• Oversee the operation with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner.
• Maintain accurate and legible field notes.
• Setting and maintenance of control network.
• Performing layout
- 3+ years' experience in Construction Survey, Dimensional Control, Industrial Measurement, or a related field is required
• Trimble experience is a plus
• Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
• Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Must have reliable transportation
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. The employee-owned organization offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining.