C.H. Fenstermaker & Associates is accepting applications for a Survey Technician (Lafayette, LA).
What does this job entail?
Under the supervision of a Licensed Surveyor or Senior Survey Technician, the Survey Technician will perform surveying and mapping duties for Oil & Gas and Municipal related projects. The Survey Technician will support office and field staff by producing maps, plats, drawings and reports as requested. The Survey Technician will be a champion and leader of our company core values, while maintaining client engagement and satisfaction.
Some responsibilities include:
- Setting up jobs for drafting, instructing draftsman, and reviewing plats upon completion
- Setting up project field work and providing crews with all the required information necessary to perform the project
- Importing survey field data and maintaining the existing data in files
- Checking preliminary data and final products to ensure quality control of all data entering the system
- Inputting deeds and plats required for a project into CAD software for analysis
- Researching and mapping source documentation, including deeds, correspondence, legal documents, construction plans, and other specific discipline related technical writing
Am I qualified for this position?
- Associate’s degree in a survey or drafting and design related field
- Minimum six (6) months of directly related industry experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D (required) and ArcGIS or ArcMAP (preferred)
Why work for Fenstermaker?
- Our success is based on establishing lasting partnerships and providing innovative, high-quality products and services. We conduct our business ethically, honestly and with integrity in everything we do.
- Our core values define the way we do business.
- We treat everyone like family and put people over policy.
- We place an emphasis on safety and are supportive and empathetic in rough times.
- We leverage our multi-disciplinary strength to benefit our clients.
- We communicate, collaborate and execute together, as a team.
- We treat others the way they want to be treated – with respect.
- We create unforgettable experiences and build lasting relationships and establish partnerships.
- We believe growth creates opportunity and gives us the capability of building long-term careers.
- We encourage and reward innovation.
- We serve our clients in ways that make the competition irrelevant.
- We create a unique experience for our team members.
At Fenstermaker, we believe in building strong, long-term partnerships. We offer a unique combination of services to assist state and federal agencies in developing smart solutions to complex contemporary challenges. Experienced in collaborating with many types of organizations and government agencies, we understand the requirements and goals of public work. From procurement to project completion, our team of diverse professionals is knowledgeable and focused throughout the entire process.
- Survey & Mapping
- Environmental Consulting
EOE/AA Employer. Applications confidential.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.