Alberici is accepting applications for a Surveyor (Newport News, VA)
Alberici Constructors, Inc., a leading firm in the construction industry with annual revenues exceeding $1B, and most recently ranked the 30th largest General Contractor in the United States, is searching for Surveyors to work in a variety of market-segments including, but not limited to, general building, healthcare, heavy industrial, energy, and water treatment. For over 100 years, Alberici Companies have served countless communities through the development of hospitals, clean energy processing centers, infrastructure and food manufactories amongst others. At Alberici, we are proud of the quality of life our buildings bring to families throughout North America.
Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work we do improves the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici -- where tomorrow gets built today.
The Surveyor is responsible for performing site surveying and layout as assigned. The Surveyor uses a variety of surveying and geolocation equipment to ensure that structures and components of the project are installed in the locations shown on the contract documents and within specified tolerances, and is responsible for verifying locations of installed components on the project and updating as-built drawings.
- Operates robotic total stations, scanners, GPS & GIS equipment and general surveying instruments.
- Provides vertical and horizontal control points, elevations and offset lines from benchmarks and boundary lines established by others.
- Establishes control and measurements for land-based and marine work.
- Conducts standard calculations to identify areas, elevations and volumes required to facilitate field work.
- Transfers elevation and control lines from floor to floor with no line of sight.
- Creates and uses 3-D scans to facilitate equipment setting, modular framing and field construction.
- Creates and maintains project-specific files accessible by the project team.
- Keeps supervisor informed of their schedule and project needs on a regular basis.
- Interfaces and coordinates with self-perform tradespeople, subcontractors, supervision, and project management staff.
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying Technology, Construction Management, and 5 years of field surveyor experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses working knowledge of industry standard surveying and BIM software, as well as all elements of survey and layout.
- Must be able to read and understand intent of drawings, specifications and submittals; in addition to written land descriptions.
- Ability to travel to jobsites throughout North America as needed to support project teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about Alberici here.