Job Title: Talent Development Manager
Company: American Commercial Barge Line
Location: Jeffersonville, Indiana
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Are you passionate about cultivating talent and driving professional growth? American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Talent Development Manager. This role is based in the vibrant city of Jeffersonville, Indiana, where innovation meets opportunity.
At ACBL, we believe in investing in our people to drive success. As a leading maritime organization, we are seeking a dedicated Talent Development Manager to play a crucial role in shaping the future of our Salaried Team Members.
When you join ACBL…
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is one of the largest and most diversified marine transportation companies in the U.S. Our legacy of providing the nation with the most economical, safest, and greenest mode of transportation dates all the way back to 1915, when we began moving coal on the Kentucky River. We offer a wide range of career paths in both operations and support services. Whether you are interested in working on the river or in an office, we are always searching for the best of the best to join our ACBL team.
What you will be doing... Your IMPACT
- Collaborate with department leaders to identify skill gaps and development needs of Team Members.
- Design, develop, and deliver leadership development programs to identify and nurture future leaders.
- Work with leadership to develop and implement succession plans.
- Develop Team Member talent through training programs such as conflict resolution, diversity awareness, and customer service.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition and other HR Team Members to identify and select internal promotion candidates and increase retention.
- Analyze performance data to identify areas for improvement and conduct regular assessments and surveys to determine training priorities.
- Develop and implement training and onboarding programs for new Team Members to help them become productive members of the team more rapidly.
- Create learning materials, resources, and content to support training efforts while collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure content relevance and accuracy.
- Monitor and track Team Member participation and progress in training programs and conduct post-training evaluations to measure the impact of development efforts.
- Research and study industry best practices and legal requirements related to talent development to ensure all training programs comply with relevant regulations.
What we are looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- 5+ Years of experience in talent development, learning, and development, teaching, training, or a related field is desired.
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to manipulate data in Excel and create executive-level presentations.
- Strong facility in LMS, HRIS, and e-learning tools.
- Skilled in coaching, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, problem-solving, prioritization, and time management.
- Project management skills to oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of training programs.
- Able to work independently and effectively lead/influence Team Members.
- Recognizes changing circumstances and alters strategies and plans as necessary.
- Promotes IMPACT Culture and serves as a role model for Team Members.
- Ability to teach/train remote Team Members
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- 1-3 Years of experience leading and facilitating training sessions is a plus.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) or similar certifications are a plus.
- Prior corporate office setting experience preferred.
Reasons You Will Love Working at ACBL ...
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the professional development of our team.
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Onsite workout facility.
- Affordable breakfast and lunch options at our onsite cafeteria.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Access to ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
To learn more about American Commercial Barge Line click here.