Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for a Tankerman (St. Rose, LA; Houston, TX)
- Prepare barges for the loading and discharging of cargoes and transfer them per USCG regulations.
- Build tow by handling lines and cables to tie and untie barges and boats .
- Perform scheduled vessel maintenance and perform general housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for handling lines and rigging during tow building, locking, and docking.
- Responsible for dropping, spotting and switching barges at docks.
- Ability to troubleshoot barge problems during transfers.
- Report any hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Captain and make corrections.
- Work a rotating six hours on and six hours off watch schedule.
- Adhere and comply to all company policies, United States Coast Guard and environmental regulations.
- Must be 18 or older to board a vessel
- Possess a valid USCG Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC) with Tankerman endorsement.
- Must have Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or be able to attain it.
- Must be able to pass a USCG required physical including benzene and respirator fit tests.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in the English language per USCG regulations
- Must be able to be away for extended periods of time as schedules are generally 28 days away and 14 days home
- Must be able to handle rigging (up to 75 lbs-100lbs)
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.