Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is accepting applications for a Technical Communications Coordinator (Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK; Fort Worth, and Lubbock, TX)
Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy equipment and cranes in the central United States. We are at the forefront of today’s construction industry growth and have several exciting job opportunities for talented, energized professionals across the region who want to join our #WeAre1KirbySmith family!
This position will serve as primary liaison between service departments, customers and manufacturers to effect equipment problem analysis and resolution.
Technical Communications Coordinator Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Family owned and operated
- Health and wellness
- Above average industry pay
Technical Communications Coordinator Responsibilities
- Manage equipment problems when arise by communicating with the manufacturer and communicating the solution to the service managers, employees and/or customer
- Develop protocols and procedures to implement the process by which employees and service managers will determine if a situation necessitates contacting the manufacturer for assistance, and procedures by which employees/service managers are to notify the technical communications
- Develop and maintain system by which the information from the manufacturer is disseminated to employees and service managers and formulate procedures to document the entire process
- Develop methods and a system to catalogue and disseminate manufacturer bulletins and updates to service department employees and to retrieve same when needed
- Works with manufacturers in the policy claim procedures. Negotiates policy claims with manufacturers and provides information to the warranty administrator as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Communications Coordinator Qualifications
- Five (5) years experience in a service department of a heavy equipment dealership or closely related industry or experience, such as heavy equipment manufacturer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post secondary education or training, degree preferred, but equivalent combination of experience and education accepted
- Language skills sufficient to interpret technical data, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal or group situations
- Mathematical skills sufficient to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and managers
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer and internet use to include Word, Excel, e-mail and internet and ability to learn and adapt other software as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Kirby Smith Machinery here.