Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is accepting applications for Technical Sales, Concrete Products in Oklahoma City, OK. Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy equipment and cranes in the central United States. We are at the forefront of today’s construction industry growth and have several exciting job opportunities for talented, energized professionals across the region who want to join our #WeAre1KirbySmith family!
Technical Sales, Concrete Products Position Purpose
To provide customers and sales staff with technical expertise for proper machine sizing, configuration, machine setup, and training regarding slip-form paving products. Assist in growing/developing the concrete paver market, have a well-rounded knowledge of competitive products, and assist with proper stocking needs.
Technical Sales, Concrete Products Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Family-owned and operated
- Health and wellness
- Above-average industry pay
Technical Sales, Concrete Products Responsibilities
- Work with the sales team to identify and target customer needs in order to gain a market presence
- Gain a full understanding of product range, options, and various configurations
- Understand and provide technical expertise to the KSMI team and customers on inset and offset paving
- Understand and provide technical expertise to the KSMI team and customers on “stringless” 3-D, Autopilot systems and other grade control options
- Coordinate between customer and manufacturer for proper mold configuration and setup
- Coordinate between KSMI and manufacturer for technical options and support
- Train customers on proper, safe, and productive operation
- Understand the technical aspects of various concrete mixes and paving techniques
- Document job site details including production, machine, and ride performance details for marketing/sales awareness
- Manage travel requirements throughout the territory, up to 60%
- Maintain open and continuous communications with the sales team throughout all branches
Technical Sales, Concrete Products Specialist Qualifications
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Core competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must
- Excellent organizational skills to appropriately manage travel, expenses, and daily responsibilities
- Five years’ experience in related concrete paving field; years of experience may be adjusted if candidate possesses the right combination of technical experience and supervisory training, skills, experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. here.