ERB is accepting applications for a Service Technician (Evansville, IL; Duluth, MN; Fenton, MO; Chippewa Falls, WI)
|This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
2. Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
3. Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustments.
4. Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
5. Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
6. Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
7. Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
8. Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
9. Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
10. Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
11. Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
12. Continues to work on revenue producing work as needed
13. Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
14. Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
15. Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments when necessary
16. Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
2-5 years: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Erb Equipment Company has been serving its customers since 1944, and operates eight stores in four states - Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. Erb's growth is primarily due to the following three commitments: Commitment to Service, Commitment to Excellence and Commitment to the Future, in providing Customer Service. Being ever mindful that no success is permanent, the Erb family continues their unending efforts towards professional customer satisfaction through their Commitment to Our Customer Partners.
For more information and to apply click here.