Terminal Manager: Van Buren, Arkansas
This job is primarily responsible for the day to day terminal logistics and related operations of an assigned facility. Responsibilities are primarily focused on working with their team to ensure safe, efficient and profitable operations. Additionally, this job promotes and maintains a positive image within their local communities. Must have willingness to relocate.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive nor imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this job. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed or may perform related duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Oversee all logistics processes and optimizes transportation resources to ensure timely delivery execution.
- Oversee, plan and execute capacity utilization, inventory management, quality management, preventive maintenance, up time, cost and terminal efficiency.
- Oversee terminal results to ensure operations are optimally profitable; develop terminal benchmarks, report on terminal results and develop improvement plans for areas falling below benchmark.
- Oversee staffing and job development activities (hiring, training, employee performance management, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, etc.); develop, communicate, and manage individual staff performance expectations that align with company goals.
- Manage compliance with governmental requirements and regulations.
- Understand and comply with corporate accounting procedures. Ensure customer invoicing information is provided to the appropriate clerical and/or accounting individuals.
- Work to maintain and grow customer relationships.
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy when scheduling and coordinating the loading and unloading of products.
- Lead, coach, guide, monitor and maintain assigned team on company safety program, customer service and operating costs.
- Manage facility in conjunction with other CGB Divisions on-site. (i.e. Grain Facility Manager, Trucking Division, Fertilizer Division, etc.).
- Manage expenses in line with forecast and P&L; monitor quality, storage, logistics, repairs, maintenance, equipment, and labor expenses.
- Other duties as assigned, including assist in capital allocation and project development.
Required – High school diploma or equivalent.
Required – College Degree or equivalent work related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of facility and terminal cost structures, safety, efficiency, quality, preventive maintenance, OSHA, EPA, carry, interest, freight, FOB and CIF marketing/sales.
- Strong knowledge of facility operations; including storage, rail and barge handling.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational, strategic planning, time management and multi-tasking skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong leadership skills.
Physical Demands & Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. frequently.
Ability to climb, crouch, stoop, bend, and squat, frequently.
Ability to stand and walk constantly/continuously.
Ability to balance constantly/continuously.
Ability to kneel occasionally.
Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) with the ability to work around deep water.
Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to climb ladders and perform work at significant heights.
Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses peripheral vision and depth perception for tasks being performed.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
Travel required for off-site training and/or working at alternate locations; can be up to 20% depending on facility location.
This description reflects the assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1970, CGB is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. CGB Enterprises Inc. (CGB) is a private US corporation with foreign ownership (Japanese). The Zen-Noh group and the Itochu group are each 50% owners of CGB. The owners consider CGB to be a long term, strategic investment and have jointly owned CGB for 20+ years.
CGB (www.cgb.com) is comprised of a diverse group of businesses involved in: domestic & export grain operations, farmer risk management services, fertilizer wholesale and retail, inter-modal bulk product terminaling, vessel anchorage & stevedore services, barge-rail-truck logistical and transportation services, barge fleeting & shipyard repair services, oilseed processing, and mortgage financial services.