The Terminal Operator will control or tend conveyors or conveyor systems that move materials from railcar, barge, truck or ship or products to and from stockpiles, processing station, department or vehicles. Controls the speed and routing of materials or products to ensure shift goals are met. Operation of select mobile equipment, which includes, backhoes, bulldozers and rubber-tired bucket loaders. Terminal Operator may require certification to operate crane or hoist equipment. General light clean-up and maintenance is required in the operation of all equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have prior industrial operations work experience
- Must possess a strong focus on safety and follow safety requirements for facility
- Experience in operating heavy equipment (preferably bulldozer, conveyor belts, backhoe, and cranes)
- Must be flexible to cross training in other positions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends
- Must be reliable and dedicated with excellent attendance
- Must be able to physically perform the essential functions of the job throughout the coal transfer processing environment
- Must be able to climb heights and work in confined spaces
- May encounter hazards associated with the coal transfer processing environment
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to communicate details of operations and record operations data
- Must wear required personal protective equipment associated with the specific work environment and job duties
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply to this job opportunity, please click here