Tow Expeditor (Corpus Christi, TX)
Osprey Line, LLC is looking for someone to facilitate the communications of information between Vessel and Shoreside personnel including transmission of orders, gathering/Input of traffic data, coordination of dockside activities and notification of incidents.
- Coordinate with Houston Dispatch, Sales, Customers, and Corpus Harbor Master’s office, all vessel & barge movements in Corpus Harbor
- Communicate with vessels via VHF radio and Oasis computer program, and entering Trip information and orders as well as all fleeting (Kirby and 3rd Party) into Oasis program to insure all trip related requirements are met
- Contact Vessel or Barge M&R to coordinate repairs
- Set up Shore Tankerman and coordinate with KLM as needed
- Coordinate and assist in Vessel fueling and Barge cleaning operations, and supervise Yard/Utility personnel during nights and weekends
- Maintain communications with Houston Corporate Dispatch in the coordination of trip details and the possible assignment of horsepower
- Answer questions and provide assistance to vessels
- Knowledge of Facility Security Plan
- Participate in required security drills and exercises
- Log in/Log out visitors
- Performed required screening & documentation pending current MARSEC level
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Physical Activities & Requirements/Qualifications Knowledge & Skills:
- Organized, detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, personal computer, two-way verbal communication equipment, radar and safety devices
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented
- General computer skills
- Minimum one year related Marine Transportation industry experience preferred
Work a 12-hour daily shift (7 days on – 7 days off), including holidays and nights, with alternating dispatchers to provide 24-hour continuous dispatch coverage. Must be able to multi task and prioritize work load.
Osprey Line has been providing a viable transportation alternative to shippers since 2000. Their staff has over 40 years of experience in transportation and logistics. They specialize in project, heavy equipment, military and breakbulk cargo moves. At Osprey Line, they understand the importance of safe, reliable transportation. They offer a service that gives shippers the ability to meet on time delivery.
To learn more and apply for this position: