Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for a Towboat Cook (Paducah, KY)
- Prepare all food products, including specialty diets to meet dietary or nutritional restrictions.
- Prepare, handle, and store all food products and equipment in accordance with sanitary standards and safety guidelines.
- Create a variety of menu items switching meals on the weekly menu to accommodate products in inventory.
- Plan menu to effectively plan, prepare and use leftover food.
- Perform quality assurance on all food products, rejecting any items that are damaged or spoiled.
- Prepare grocery orders to complete the menu and daily requirements.
- Work closely with Captain to ensure vessel food budgets are maintained.
- Operate standard cooking equipment and use kitchen and cooking utensils for large quantity food preparation.
- Clean galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Effectively coordinate, perform, and complete multiple duties in a timely manner.
- Effectively interact with people of all ages and from all social, cultural, ethnic, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Perform the physical requirements of the position, and work within the established working conditions of the position.
- High School education preferred.
- 2-5 yrs. of related experience with food preparation in a large-scale food preparation setting, i.e. school cafeteria, military food service, restaurant required.
- Ability to understand and follow safety and work-related instructions is required.
- Required physical activities include walking, standing, balancing, climbing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 40 lbs.), reaching, and pushing/pulling, handling/digital dexterity, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to hot surfaces and food, various odors, enclosed areas and may be exposed to smoke or steam.
- Must be 18 or older to board a vessel.
- Must have Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or be able to attain it.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in the English language per USCG regulations.
- Must be able to be away for extended periods of time as schedules are generally 28 days away and 14 days home.
Marquette offers great pay, health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match, holiday pay, company paid life insurance and other incentives.
No relocation necessary - Live in your hometown and work on the water!
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.