Rail Link, Inc. is accepting applications for a Track Laborer in Greenville, MS. The person in this position works as a crew member to maintain, repair, and replace rails, ties, switches, and ballast. This position uses hand tools and operates heavy equipment. The position starts as a track maintainer, with an opportunity to qualify as a machine operator.
- Repair and rebuild railroad track using hydraulic or hand tools
- Remove and replace ties and rails; pull and drive spikes; shovel rock ballast; load and unload equipment and material
- Use various types of tools and equipment, including tampers, regulators, backhoes, torches, hammers, jacks, and other mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic tools
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
- Complete written forms and reports, including FRA reports, as required
- Be familiar with federal and state regulations as they relate to the railroad industry
- Ability to update rules and manuals to assure continuous compliance with all federal regulations
- Adhere to and promote safe work practices as determined by the railroad
- Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to complete written forms and reports, including FRA reports, as required
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with equipment such as tampers, regulators, torches, hammers, jacks, and other mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic tools
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems on equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and federal and state regulation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with heavy hand tools, and previous work in an outside environment preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license required
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is a plus
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Rail Link, Inc. here.