Watco is accepting applications for a Track Laborer w/CDL (Burnet, TX)
The track laborer position will be required to safely and efficiently inspect, repair, and maintain the railroad track infrastructure to insure safe and efficient service to our customers. This is a manual labor position, which requires that the individual becomes proficient in the following skills, duties, and requirements within a prescribed training and introductory period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, unload, load, distribute, pick-up, install cross ties, switch ties, other track material and ballast.
- Inspect, unload, distribute, load, pick-up, install, grind, and transpose rail.
- Inspect, load, unload, distribute, pick-up, remove, construct, maintain and repair turnouts.
- Inspect, patrol, construct, install, retire, remove, surface, gauge, line and shift track.
- Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, and repair road crossings.
- Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, repair, paint, renew and replace bridges.
- Inspect, protect, flag, maintain, repair and construct culverts and tunnels.
- Inspect, dismantle, remove, maintain, repair and paint station facilities.
- Inspect, test, maintain, repair, construct and install scales.
- Inspect, remove, maintain, repair, construct, and install right of way, sand and snow fences.
- Inspect, construct, install, maintain, clean and paint signs.
- Cut and dispose of vegetation.
- Clean debris from switches.
- Remove snow or other foreign materials from track infrastructure.
- Accurate and timely reporting as required
- Read and accurately interpret company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and federal and state regulations.
- Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must acquire a comprehensive understanding of track authority.
- Comply with performance metrics measurements and deadlines.
- Practice safe work habits and follow company and industry policies, procedures and regulations.
- Respond promptly to any accident, incident or emergency call.
- Read gauges, precision measuring instruments, schematics and maintenance manuals 100% of the time.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or general education (GED) or 3 to 6 months job-related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Certificates and Licenses:
- The team member must be able to pass Track Ground School, GCOR Written Test, Roadway Worker Protection Written Test, Fall Protection Written Test, Maintenance of Way Safety Written Test, MSHA/OSHA Training and Certification (if required on site).
- Class A CDL Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to write legibly.
- Must be able to perform duties that require heavy lifting.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must have the ability to recognize problems.
- Must have knowledge of Roadway Protection Rules.
- Must have a broad understanding of railroad operations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.
Watco offers industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation, and 401k. They also have a top-of-the-line training program, Watco University, to educate team members and help them to grow employees’ careers to the next level.
Watco Companies, LLC, is a leading transportation and supply chain logistics company. Meeting customer needs on a day-to-day basis has enabled Watco to continually grow throughout their nearly 40-year history. Today, Watco provides transportation; material handling and warehouse; design and development; repair and custom projects for customers throughout North America and Australia.