OmniTRAX is accepting applications for a Track Laborer (Albany, GA)
OmniTRAX is the second-largest private management company of short-line railroads in North America with expertise in simplifying the entire process of shipping by rail. We call it Rail Made Easy. OmniTRAX is a complete shipping partner, using railroads, ports, transloading, logistics, warehousing, and industrial development to help businesses move their products conveniently and efficiently, whether their final destination is across the city or across the world.
OmniTRAX is looking to hire a Track Laborer to join our dynamic team of employees in a fast-growing, fast-paced work environment.
$5,000 Sign-on bonus available!
The Track Laborer installs and repairs railroad track on a specified territory of railroad. Safely operates spike pullers and spike drivers: removes old spikes, drives new spikes, and performs related maintenance to railroad track that meet department and company goals, and comply with Federal Railroad Association (FRA) rules and regulations.
The Track Laborer demonstrates and adheres to the company values of: safety, honesty, ownership, respect and teamwork to ensure successful partnership with customers and employees that result in OmniTRAX’s continued success.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Eligible for Overtime
- Eligible for Participation - Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Fulfilling a role in an industry that keeps this country running isn’t the only reason to work for OmniTRAX. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick days, holidays, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and other voluntary benefits
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operation and the FRA
- Work safely in a construction/field environment following the safety rules and carrying out the work in a manner that promotes a safe work environment
- Operate spike pullers, spike drivers to perform construction and maintenance tasks associated with railroad tracks
- Raise rail using track jack to facilitate removal and installation of railroad ties
- Drill holes with power drill through rails for bolt insertion
- Operate track-wrench machine to tighten and/or loosen bolts at rail joints
- Operate rail saw to cut rails into specified lengths
- Drive company vehicles
- Perform CDL work to meet qualifications of the FMCSA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Subpart B: Qualification and Disqualification of Drivers and other regulations as applicable, including but not limited to, Part 391.11
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Wear required protective equipment such as: hard hats, hearing protection, safety-toe boots or safety glasses
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime and various shift work
- Maintain DOT qualifications
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 18 years of age or older
- Operate hand tools, including: wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, measuring tapes etc.
- Operate power tools and hydraulic equipment, including: portable grinders, rail saws, spike pullers, track wrench machines, power drills, track jack
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or verbal instructions
- Read and follow safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, test materials, drawings, schematics, and procedure manuals, gauges and dials on precision measuring tools
- Perform basic shop math concepts to calculate figures and amounts such as: area, circumference, length, distance, and volume
- Write legibly to complete routine reports, and complete required testing
- Familiar with and adhere to track Safety Standards in work completion
- Pass written examinations on the safe operations of trains and maintenance of way standards
- Familiar with Roadway Workers’ Protection (RWP)
- Effectively communicate with all level of employees and business associates in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Basic Computer skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills resulting in effective resolution
- Professional integrity and accountability
- Work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid State Driver’s License – pass DOT medical certification and Drivers Qualification File, pass DOT Drug & Alcohol testing
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in Rail Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics, Manufacturing and/or Oil & Gas industries
- High School Diploma/GED
- Backhoe operation experience
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Class A CDL
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather including: snow, rain, heat, and sub-freezing temps
- Daily travel as business requires during scheduled work hours
OmniTRAX is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. All new hires are required to successfully complete a post-offer employment test which includes a medical and physical evaluation related to the physical requirements and the essential functions of the job, as well as a drug screen and criminal background check.
OmniTRAX is proud to be an EEO/Veteran/Disability employer.
OmniTRAX is committed to protecting its employees and our communities from COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccination is preferred.