Trinity River Authority of Texas is accepting applications for a Training & Development Specialist, Sr (Arlington, TX)
Under the supervision of the Organization Development and Training Supervisor and the direction of the Human Resources team, this position is responsible to help drive talent management through the development, organization and coordination of training programs for the Authority employees at all levels. This position serves as an active contributor and lead for projects in the Organizational Development and Training group and liaison for management and employees to evaluate, develop and implement development programs and help provide guidance for succession planning initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in establishing position-appropriate core competencies and development plans utilizing the Authority’s development academies and to provide guidance to employees to grow in their careers.
2. Design, develop and deliver learning curriculum for Supervisors, Managers and Staff and ensuring the effective utilization of training methods and techniques to promote the use of training services.
3. Create training and learning content and course materials.
4. Delivers training to our team using a variety of instructional techniques (ILT, Video, Distant Learning).
5. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training and learning programs using internal and external data and reports to modify and improve Organization and Development strategy.
6. Review training materials from vendors and choosing appropriate materials to incorporate into learning programs.
7. Participates in new employee onboarding program and continuity planning of new hires to support future growth
8. Manages learner needs and request according to OD protocol
9. Maintains awareness of new learning technologies and provides suggestions for improved practices and processes.
10. Perform other duties as required.
Regularly leads the work of others. No direct reports.
No significant financial responsibilities.
(required level of education)
Bachelor’s in Organizational Development and Training, Business Management or closely related field.
(minimum years and types of related experience required)
Minimum of 4+ years of experience and previous facilitation experience and train-the-trainer mindset. Experience in the development, facilitation and full-cycle project management of organization, team, employee and management programs. Experience working with a diverse employee base of all levels of management, supervisors and staff.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
(any specialized certifications licenses or registrations required by TRA or other authority in order to do the job, including those the incumbent must be able to obtain)
Possess “Training” Certificate from ATD or obtain such certification within one year of the date of hire. Professional certifications are preferred to administer coaching, personality assessments, etc. Valid Texas driver's license.
(Information or facts that employee must know in order to be able to perform the work)
Knowledge of project management, Learning Management Systems, and adult learning techniques/processes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(developed capability to use or apply knowledge effectively or dexterity/coordination in the performance of physical tasks)
Requires the ability to interact with management and lead interactive discussions to facilitate the talent management process. Using established guidelines, standards and procedures, must have ability to handle multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, result-driven, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight. Must be able to perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, set up systems and equipment, develop rewards and recognition levels, and coordinate class schedules and enrollment. Must have exemplary communication and presentation skills both written and verbal. Must be a team player by contributing and collaborating with team members during all phases of projects.
Follows a range of professional standards and methods guide completion of assignments and decisions made. Position is responsible to adhere to policy and procedures and receives general supervisory direction. Position incumbents may identify and recommend changes to methods, procedures and policies and may be asked to help implement changes.
Requires moderate physical exertion with lifting requirements up to 10 pounds.
Duties mostly carried out in an office environment. May require travel to various Authority locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Office equipment, audio/visual equipment.
The Trinity River Authority’s mission is to promote conservation, reclamation, protection and development of the natural resources of the river basin for the benefit of the public.
At TRA, we are proud of the many services we provide to more than 60 cities in the Trinity River basin that improve the quality of life for millions of residents. We understand that safe, clean water is a necessity; in fact, water is the single-most essential element to life as we know it. We have made it our mission at TRA to make access to clean water a reality for the residents of the Trinity River basin.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.