Tangent Technologies is accepting applications for a Training Manager (Aurora, IL)
Tangent Technologies, LLC offers the most innovative recycled plastic lumber-wood alternative solutions for a multitude of outdoor markets and high value applications. We have more than a decade invested in being "first to market" by developing technological advancements to offer innovative products and features for our customers to support their respective industries.
Training Manager - Job Summary
The Training Manager will identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs.
Training Manager - Role & Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily activities of training associates and consultants.
- Ensures scheduled training classes are attended and conducted.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive of the training team.
- Identifies, mentors, and trains the training team as needed on conducting training sessions.
- Reviews existing training programs: conducts analysis for specific job training needs and suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective. Works with Engineering, EHS, Maintenance, and other departments to ensure training content reflects what is required to build high-quality products with strong focus on safety.
- Creates employee training, safety, job advancement readiness, and certification programs with ongoing qualification testing.
- Creates pre-hire qualifications, pre-hire tests, evaluation matrix to assist supervisors in determining adequate candidates.
- Sets training schedules with trainers.
- Evaluates and mentors training team’s performance / success in training others.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Maintain database recording of all training activity and expectations.
- Prepare and provide monthly status report to management on defined metrics and goals.
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Coordinates, conducts, or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for and participation in outside training programs.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Prepares and implements training budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Training Manager - Required Skills & Abilities
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong graphic design ability.
- Thorough understanding of training processes.
- Ability to moderate large groups.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in multiple languages a plus.
Training Manager - Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, education, human resources, or business administration or professional Training BA degree in Training and Development or related area required.
- At least 4+ years of experience.
- At least 2+ years of supervising experience overseeing a training department / team within a manufacturing environment
Training Manager - Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing in front of a group conducting a training seminar.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.