Watco is accepting applications for a Transportation Coordinator (Moon Township, PA; Chicago, IL; Overland Park, KS; Duluth, GA; Smyrna, GA; Springdale, AR)
The Transportation Coordinator (TC) plays a crucial role in the overall day-to-day freight management of shipments and/or assigned shipping accounts, while delivering cost effective solutions that keep the long-term interest of the customer as our first priority. It is essential for the TC to work well individually and in a team environment, effectively solicit carriers to haul shipments and establish carrier relationships and solicit customers for transportation opportunities while developing customer relationships. This position also plays a critical role in providing quality service to customers, encouraging team morale and performance, while maintaining a positive culture within the branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may vary slightly by location)
- Broker transportation shipments and securing carrier capacity
- Track and trace customer shipments
- Conduct spot pricing, rate negotiations and handle related concerns
- Engage in customer and carrier communication
- Sustain customer relationships and assist in customer growth
- Provide customer support to meet their needs and address issues
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- 1 year of transportation or supply chain related experience preferred
- Problem resolution skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must have basic computer skills; proficient with MS Excel, MS Word
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, team members, and managers
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment and Conditions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive team member and supplier contact and frequent interruptions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms as well as speak, hear and see clearly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working at Watco
Watco has a reputation for putting people first. In fact, our company was named a 2022 Most Loved Workplace®.
Working at Watco means working in the exciting field of transportation and supply chain logistics. We’re involved in domestic and international operations that are expanding all the time. Working at Watco also means a supportive, collaborative environment where you can learn and build a career. You’ll find that safety is at the heart of everything we do. We look out for our team members’ safety and the safety of the people in the communities where we work. In addition to these strengths, we offer competitive pay and industry-leading benefits.
Come to Watco and join a team where you’ll leave each day knowing you’ve made a difference.
To learn more or apply for this position please click here.
Learn more about Watco here.