Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is accepting applications for Transportation Freight Broker-Sales (Mt. Vernon, IN; Louisville, KY; New Orleans, LA; St. Louis, MO; Cincinnati, OH; Tulsa, OK; Memphis, TN)
This job is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of logistics for one or more means of grain/freight/cargo/specialty commodities transportation such as rail container, barge, truck and/or vessel.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive nor imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this job. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed or may perform related duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All job duties may or may not be performed by all job incumbents; may vary dependent on facility type/assigned department and/or location and/or assigned mode(s) of transportation.
- Track and/or coordinate barges, trucks, vessels, and/or rail and inventory to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage various barge activities (i.e. receive and process barge applications; process and apply out bound barges, coding and flagging within internal systems, loading instructions, barge re-consignment, barge damage and quality claims).
- Monitor various conditions that affect various modes of transportation and communicate with all parties involved in transport, including merchandising team, customers, barge lines, customer agents, international banks, vessel agents, elevator personnel and others (i.e. river and lock conditions).
- Work with Accounting to ensure accurate billing and collect on past due accounts.
- Assist facility managers track grain movements; where applicable.
- Manage a list of approved vendors (trucking companies, barge lines, rail lines etc.) and ensure vendors stay current on all company insurance requirements.
- Assist in prospecting new trucking companies, through obtaining approval for them to haul for the company.
- Administer, review, and monitor contracts.
- Prepare, verify and distribute various reports (i.e. records tonnage and shrink of product loaded on the barge for customers, number of railcars used by customers per month, revenue, storage, and other expenses; IP and by-product vessel loadings, GMO test results, performance reports).
- Verify and/or approve invoices related to destination barge demurrage, switch and reconsignment charges, and barge inspections.
- May verify various inspections and tests on modes of transportation to ensure contract specifications are met.
- Analyze various information to use in recurring reports.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. coordination of various operations such as dryer).
Required – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and working experience.
Required – 3 years’ related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of applicable industry and industry trends.
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated risk management aptitude.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paces work environment.
- Ability to work successfully both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Ability to work extended hours on an as needed basis.
Physical Demands & Requirements
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside where there are limited extremes to heat and/or cold; moderate noise; a normal office environment.
Travel, dependent on area supported, normally 5% - 20%.
This description reflects the assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Even during this COVID-19 pandemic, we are hiring immediately and looking for talented people to join our organization! We are an ESSENTIAL business in the global food supply.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.