Transportation Policy Analyst – Intermodal
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Company: Department of Transportation
This position is located within the Office of the Under Secretary, Intermodal Policy Team (IPT). The position reports operationally to the Executive Director, Office of the Under Secretary and programmatically to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy. You will be required to work directly and communicate as required with the Office Directors of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy.
- Serve as an expert in one of the modal transportation fields.
- Work closely to develop the program planning and activities of the Office of the Secretary with the assigned mode to ensure a comprehensive Secretarial perspective and develop policy positions program analyses for issues of interest to the U.S. transportation industry.
- Serve as a Team Leader and the OST Policy Office primary resource for assigned modal area planning and program evaluations, analyzing both the domestic and foreign transportation implications of policy developments directly impacting industry.
- Work with DOT Operating Administrations to develop policy positions and support documents that consider issues of interest for modal areas assigned.
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret data to identify transportation trends and their potential impact on policies and programs for transportation planning and financing.
- Analyze and evaluate legislative and regulatory proposals for potential impact on transportation programs, recommend revisions, and prepare implementing guidance.
- Serve as the industry point of contact and resource person for the Secretary’s Office of Policy with other DOT offices and Federal agencies, State and local transportation planning organizations, academia, research organizations, and the private sector.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Review Required Documents Section as documents are required by closing date
- Announcement also advertised U.S. Citizens: OST.S-2019-0002.
How to Apply:
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click here.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office via email at: Transjobs@dot.gov