The Missouri Department of Transportation is accepting applications for a Transportation Project Designer (Joplin, MO)
This position will be filled at a salary no higher than the posted maximum salary.
A waiver of experience or education may be considered.
- Division: Design
- Job Title Code: R05748
- Hiring Supervisor: John Sanders
- Salary Grade: 11
SALARY - $82,674.96
Close Date- January 10, 2023
Why you’ll love this position:
The Transportation Project Designer is responsible for directing a team of designers and technicians in the preparation and production of detailed transportation construction plans, specifications, and estimates and ensuring design complies with department standards and requirements. Responsibilities are performed under general supervision.
What you’ll do:
- Supervises preparation of construction plans and job special provisions for transportation projects including evaluating project needs and available resources, and assigning tasks.
- Supervises design personnel including making employment-related decisions, training, and conducting performance management.
- Checks and reviews plans for accuracy and compliance with standards and accepted practices for bridge surveys and preliminary, right-of-way, final and consultant plans.
- Provides design expertise to project core teams and participates in the project scoping process.
- Reviews consultant-prepared plans and makes recommendations on proposed developments and commercial permits related to right-of-way activity.
All you need for success:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university curriculum.
- Successful completion of the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam.
- Six years of experience in highway or transportation engineering.
Special Working Conditions:
- Job requires district-wide and/or statewide travel.
More reasons to love this position:
MoDOT offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Visit our CAREERS page to explore all we have to offer. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for MoDOT, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found HERE.
At MoDOT you will play a key role in maintaining the seventh largest highway system in the United States. We value team players who are open-minded and work well with others to accomplish goals and fulfill our mission of safety, service, and stability. We see the growth of our team members as an investment, both in MoDOT's future and yours. If you're looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work, and a flexible environment, we want to talk to you about joining our winning team. MoDOT operates on shared values and your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values. CLICK HERE to view our mission, values, and tangible results. If you embrace these values, we welcome your application.
If you have questions about this position, please contact: Southwest District Human Resources
The State of Missouri is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.