COWI is accepting applications for a Transportation Project Director (Houston, TX)
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 7,000 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation sector, supporting projects within bridges, highways, tunnels, ports, and water infrastructure
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept and design to operation and maintenance.
A POSITION THAT WILL PUSH YOUR DEVELOPMENT FURTHER
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with our regional and North American leadership. Your primary tasks will be leading large multidisciplinary projects with external partners that have an immediate impact on the company. In addition, you will support signature bridge projects located across the globe as well as you will providing guidance and oversight to project managers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Expanding COWI's presence in TX by identifying, pursuing, and winning projects and by recruiting key staff to build the Houston office
- Managing assigned projects and implementing project management best practices
- Providing leadership in the area of Distributed Engineering between COWI offices and assisting in the assignment of resources and key staff to projects
- Provides leadership in business development and marketing activities for the Company including identifying, tracking, positioning, and pursuing project opportunities, and representing the Company in external settings.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relations with key clients
- Contributes to ensuring that COWI NA delivers and exceeds the budgeted financial performance.
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a major Seller-Doer for the Company - securing and effectively executing projects, while building client relationships.
Furthermore, you shall:
- Hold a B.Sc. or a higher degree in civil/structural engineering and have 15+ years experience in engineering, project management and business development with an emphasis on design, construction and rehabilitation of bridges.
- Project Management experience on projects with a strong focus on civil work such as bridges, flood/hurricane protection walls
- Possess demonstrable experience with project management and as a technical leader and be able to obtain Professional Engineer status in TX (Licenses in other US states considered an asset)
- Have experience and reputation with local clients such as TxDOT, HCTRA, Army Corps and other public work agencies and Design-Build partners including contractors and other engineering companies an asset.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, relationship building, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals and review agreement terms
- Be self-motivated, flexible and organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with staff located remotely and the ability and willingness to travel predominantly in North America
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about COWI here.