COWI is accepting applications for a Transportation Project Director (Houston, TX).
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM IN HOUSTON
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 7,000 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation sector, supporting projects within bridges, highways, tunnels, ports, and water infrastructure
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept and design to operation and maintenance.
A POSITION THAT WILL PUSH YOUR DEVELOPMENT FURTHER
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with our regional and North American leadership. Your primary tasks will be leading large multidisciplinary projects with external partners that have an immediate impact on the company. In addition, you will support signature bridge projects located across the globe as well as you will providing guidance and oversight to project managers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Expanding COWI's presence in TX by identifying, pursuing, and winning projects and by recruiting key staff to build the Houston office
- Managing assigned projects and implementing project management best practices
- Providing leadership in the area of Distributed Engineering between COWI offices and assisting in the assignment of resources and key staff to projects
- Provides leadership in business development and marketing activities for the Company including identifying, tracking, positioning, and pursuing project opportunities, and representing the Company in external settings.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relations with key clients
- Contributes to ensuring that COWI NA delivers and exceeds the budgeted financial performance.
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a major Seller-Doer for the Company - securing and effectively executing projects, while building client relationships.
Furthermore, you shall:
- Hold a B.Sc. or a higher degree in civil/structural engineering and have experience in engineering, project management and business development with an emphasis on design, construction and rehabilitation of bridges.
- Possess demonstrable experience with project management and as a technical leader and hold Professional Engineer status in TX (Licenses in other US states considered an asset)
- Have experience and reputation with local clients such as TxDOT, HCTRA and other public work agencies and Design-Build partners including contractors and other engineering companies.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, relationship building, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals and review agreement terms
- Be self-motivated, flexible and organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with staff located remotely and the ability and willingness to travel predominantly in North America.
PERKS & REWARDS
At COWI we believe in rewarding top talent with a great total compensation package. Besides competitive base, we provide exceptional total rewards offering including:
- Flexible working conditions.
- Top up parental and childbirth recovery leave.
- Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share.
- 3 weeks starting vacation.
- Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity
- Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga or gym membership.
- 401K contribution matching with generous company match.
- Personal and professional development fund.
- Parking or public transit allowance.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 80% employer-paid premiums.
- STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance.
- Frequent social events
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information. To view a copy of the executed “Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement”, please click here
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.