Garver Engineering is accepting applications for Transportation Project Engineer (4-8 years) (Overland Park and Kansas City, MO; Wichita, KS)
Garver is seeking a Transportation Project Engineer to complement our reputable staff and join our growing Transportation Team in either our Overland Park KS, Kansas City, MO or Wichita, KS office to continue the tradition of providing quality service to our clients.
Responsibilities of this position will be to assist in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects including:
- Establishing the roadway geometric design for both horizontal and vertical alignments including superelevation.
- Evaluating the drainage needs of open channels and storm sewer systems thru hydrology and hydraulic calculations
- Determining construction perimeters by 3D modeling of roadway corridors.
- Determining traffic design components of both permanent, and temporary traffic control during construction
- Calculating quantities and assisting in submittal production thru plan sheet setup and technical drafting.
There will be on the job training provided to help master the skills listed above.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI)
- Four (4) to Eight (8) years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with Microstation, and Geopak/InRoads
- Familiarity with AASHTO's highway and traffic publications
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.