American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is accepting applications for a Trip Engineer (Jeffersonville, IN; Paducah, KY; St. Louis, MO; Memphis, TN).
The Engineer has authority over the boat’s engineering spaces and all propulsion and auxiliary machinery. Responsible for the inspection, routine maintenance, maintenance and repair planning, and troubleshooting of the vessel’s main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, and its various systems. Must ensure documentation of all Maintenance activities is completed in a timely manner including PM’s, required tests and inspections, and non-routine repairs made.
- Perform all work in accordance with ACBL safety & environmental policies
- Abide by all ACBL policies and USCG regulations
- Maintain all equipment in proper working order
- When necessary, repair equipment as soon as possible and report progress to the Captain and the Port Engineer
- Give assignments and direction to any Assistant Engineers who are assigned to the vessel
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and maintain documentation
- Maintain the daily engine room logs and all other required paperwork
- Report accurately the fuel, water, lube status, and consumption to the wheelhouse daily.
- Ensure all parts used are re-ordered for the vessel
- Must meet ACBL physical examination requirements
- Must be able to travel to and from vessel and training locations via air or car travel
- Must be able to work a 6-hour on 6-hour off watch
- High School Diploma or GED
Licenses and Certifications:
- Driver's License
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.