U.S. Army Corps Kansas City District: Missouri River Update
- Missouri Reservoirs – July 1 system check will set service levels and duration for rest of navigation support. Current estimates are for minimum service to continue and a navigation flow support ending mid Nov.
- Survey – Laying out work for contractors, and completing surveys at RM 134, 271, 280, 282. Completed surveys RM 130 last week. Crews will continue to survey area of anticipated areas of concern as river levels fall.
- Channel Inspector – No new information.
a. Newt Marine
i. RM 20 – 40. Continues work in area.
ii. Loading out of Jefferson City and work RM120 – 140 reach.
iii. RM 366 Obstruction removal – work underway and proceeding well. Approximately half done. Mid point survey completed Friday.
b. ACG – Will continue to work on new flow control structure at Cranberry Bend RM 282, as river levels allow. Only remaining work is topping off flow control structure and cleaning up site.
c. Midwest – Placing rock on lower Tadpole Chute Flow control structure. Bank paving also continues downstream of structure.
d. WA Ellis – Underway loading rock in Kansas City Area and working structures in 320-340 reach.
e. NWK Floating Plant – Loading out of Lexington, MO and working near RM 280 Cranberry Bend. It is anticipated they will be working this location for about 6 weeks.
- Bridge work
1. Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – No navigation impacts scheduled this week.
2. Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 – No Change
Next update Tuesday 5 July.
816-240-8131 Main Office line