American Equity Underwriters is accepting applications for an Underwritting Assistant in Mobile, AL. At Amwins, we succeed together — and have a good time doing it.
We know people don't leave companies. They leave cultures — which is why we work so hard on ours. At Amwins, we thrive on collaboration, not cutthroat competition. Our teams work together to help each other succeed, and we do right by our clients so they can do right by theirs.
First and foremost, we invest in our employees. That investment shows in everything we do; education and development programs, comprehensive and competitive benefits, and an organizational structure that's 43% owned by employee shareholders.
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion helps cultivate an open, welcoming workplace that reflects the communities we serve. You will have the opportunity volunteer within Amwins through a wide range of committees and in your community through the Amwins Foundation and Summer of Service.
Working at Amwins means you love what you do, how you do it and, ultimately, who you do it with. Whether it's today or 150 years from now, we continue to invest in our culture and your development so opportunities for growth and career advancement are never in short supply.
Learn more about us at amwins.com.
We see you in Amwins blue! Join our team in Mobile, AL as an Underwriting Assistant!
Located on the top floors of the RSA Tower in downtown Mobile!
This is a full-time, in-office position. None of our positions are commission based or involve any cold calling.
Snapshot of what Amwins provides to our team members:
- Compensation includes a compensation commensurate with experience
- Position eligible for overtime
- Position eligible for annual bonus
- Broad benefits package available
- Most benefits available first day of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, etc
- Paternal Leave, Adoption Assistance, Travel Reimbursement for healthcare, Retail Discount Program, Scholarships for dependents of Amwins employees, etc
- Generous Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Schedule
- Collaborative, continuing education focused work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
Each Underwriting Assistant provides vital team functions:
- Prepare information needed to market new and renewal business
- Monitor various reports for consistency
- Make and follow through with request for missing information from outside sources
- Data entry into multiple internet based systems as it relates to the transactional process for each account
- Use Microsoft Office software, (e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel)
We are looking for people with:
- 2-3 year experience as support staff in an office environment or a relevant degree (business, risk management, finance, etc)
- Insurance experience a plus!
- Excellent computer skills including typing proficiency, Microsoft Office proficiency with an emphasis in Excel spreadsheets
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about American Equity Underwriters here.