US Army Corps of Engineers: Request for Proposal
Section 1122 of the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2016 requires the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) establish a pilot program to recommend ten projects for the beneficial use of dredged material. The USACE is requesting proposals for beneficial use of dredged material projects.
Proposals must be submitted to Headquarters U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on or before March 12, 2018.
You may submit proposals by any of the following methods:
- Mail: Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works, Operations and Regulatory Community of Practice, Attn: CECW-CO-OD, 441 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20314.
- Email: Section-1122-Beneficial-Use-Of-Dredged-Material@usace.army.mil
Section 1122 of WRDA 2016 requires the USACE establish a pilot program to carry out 10 projects for the beneficial use of dredged material, including projects for the purposes of—
(1) Reducing storm damage to property and infrastructure;
(2) promoting public safety;
(3) protecting, restoring, and creating aquatic ecosystem habitats;
(4) stabilizing stream systems and enhancing shorelines;
(5) promoting recreation;
(6) supporting risk management adaptation strategies; and
(7) reducing the costs of dredging and dredged material placement or disposal, such as projects that use dredged material for—
(A) construction or fill material;
(B) civic improvement objectives; and
(C) other innovative uses and placement alternatives that produce public economic or environmental benefits.
The USACE has developed implementation guidance for carrying out the provisions of Section 1122. That implementation guidance can be obtained at http://www.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Project-Planning/Legislative-Links/wrda2016/wrda2016_impguide. Search Section 1122(a)-(h) for links to the implementation guidance and other Section 1122 information.
The USACE is required to carry out the pilot program in consultation with relevant state agencies and to establish regional beneficial use teams to identify and assist in the implementation of projects.
For more information, or to view the full notice: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/02/09/2018-02613/request-for-proposals-for-beneficial-use-of-dredged-material-pursuant-to-section-1122-of-the-water?utm_campaign=subscription%20mailing%20list&utm_source=federalregister.gov&utm_medium=email