Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for a Vessel Captain - Linehaul (Paducah, KY; St. Rose, LA)
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and performance of his crew, vessel, and tow.
- The Captain/pilot must also strive to see that company policy, rules, and regulations are followed.
- Must report to the office all violations of policy or violations of federal, state, or local laws.
- Conducting monthly drills and safety meetings in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that work completed in accordance with Company safety policies and practices.
- Ensure all crew members on vessel receive instruction on how to do jobs properly and monitor performance.
- Carry out all duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan as the designated vessel security officer.
- Ensure that each crew member knows the cargo of each barge in tow and has an understanding of any hazards associated with said cargoes.
- Enforce all Company policies and vessel specific guidelines in support of the Crew Endurance Management System onboard all vessels.
- Participate in crew management, performance evaluation, general supervisory duties and management of the vessel’s budget.
- Complete required log entries.
- Maintain radio watch as required.
- Report Certain Dangerous Cargoes (CDC) barges at pick-up, drop-off, and designated mile points to the Inland River Vessel Movement Center.
- Enforce all rules.
- Give assignments and direction to the mate and/or lead deckhand.
- Comply with all established vessel management policies and procedures.
- Maintain the vessel budget and help maximize cost efficiency as directed.
- Provide instructions and information to crew members, land-based personnel, and USCG or lock personnel.
- Retain a USCG Master of Towing Vessels license endorsed for service.
- Able to work 28/14 or 28/28 schedule.
- Meet USCG physical examination requirements.
- Be able to travel to and from vessel/training locations via air or car travel.
- Maintain an active TWIC.
Marquette offers great pay, health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match, holiday pay, company paid life insurance, travel reimbursement, short and long-term disability and other incentives.
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.