Gulf Pilot (Port Allen, LA)
Navigate your way to a new and exciting career! Ingram transports dry and liquid commodities on over 4,500 miles of America’s inland waterways.
The Engineer is responsible for the vessel maintenance and upkeep. The Engineer reports to Captain and shore-based Port Engineer. They are responsible for safe and efficient mechanical and associated systems aboard the vessel.
Essential Job Duties
1. Assures safe crew, vessel and tow operations through use of promoting, practicing and enforcing Ingram’s’ safety systems, including audits, drills, investigations, contacts and safety log.
2. Assures safe vessel operations through regular monitoring and servicing of vessel systems (i.e. engines, steering, electrical, etc.)
3. Assures Engine Room housekeeping through regular cleaning, painting, and maintenance of the engine room.
4. Supports, complies, and actively participates in Ingram’s safety system, company policies and procedures, and the company’s code of ethics.
5. Assures and directs transfers fuels, lubricants, and bilge from fuel flats in accordance with established procedures.
6. Maintains logs of engine hours, fuel transfers, and other maintenance activities.
7. Complies with and enforces USCG & environmental regulations, and company policies and procedures.
8. Conducts repairs to vessel engines, generators, and other vessel systems as required.
9. Ensures vessel operation through a program of regular maintenance of vessel systems.
10. Administers procedures and policies and is responsible for necessary paper work to complete and/or document said policies and procedures.
11. May supervise Jr. Engineers and Deckhands used to assist with engine room activities (i.e. exchanging power packs, emergency maintenance, etc.).
12. Demonstrates leadership skills by facilitating an environment onboard vessel and among crew that promotes harmony and acceptance of diversity.
13. Actively and willingly participates in activities that enhance personal and professional development.
14. Actively supports and implements sustainable initiatives on-board vessel.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of Vessel systems (i.e.Propulsion, steering, waste, etc.)
- Have strong written, verbal, & inter-personal skills.
- Be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Have proficient computer skills to include email, internet browsers, computer monitoring systems, and other software programs.
|USCG Engineer’s License|
To learn more and apply for this position: