Summary of planned waterway restrictions/closures in the Vessel Traffic Service Area, by date:
|0 December 23, 2022
January 2, 2023
|Reserve, 138.7 LDB||USACE Revetment||One-way transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will lay-down at night (extend 200' into river).|
|January 3, 2023 to January 13, 2023
January 16 & 17, 2023
|USACE Revetment||One-way transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7.|
|January 19, 2023 to January 27, 2023
January 30, 2023 to February 7, 2023
|White Castle, 192.7 RDB||USACE Revetment||No deep-draft transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will fold-in at night.|
Summary of additional activities in the Vessel Traffic Service Area:
- LA - MISSISSIPPI RIVER, MILE 95.0, AHOP - Construction Operations
- Continuing until approximately January 31, 2023, APC Construction LLC., is conducting construction operations at Canal Street Ferry Terminal at approximate Mile 95.0, AHOP, LDB. Operations will be conducted from 7:00 a.m., to 7:00 p.m., each day. On-scene vessels will include the M/V G.I. JOE, KS 6010 Deck Barge and KS 345 Deck Barge. On-scene vessels will monitor VHF-FM Channels 10 and 67. Mariners are urged to transit at their slowest safe speed to minimize wake and proceed with caution after passing arrangements have been made. The points of contact on-scene are Joseph Leslie, at (985) 703-8711 and Wesley Dozier, at (504) 416-2643.
- US 90 HUEY P LONG BRIDGE Pier Fender Replacement, MM 106.0
Continuing until approximately January 15, 2023, Coastal Marine Contractors LLC., is replacing the pier fenders on the U.S. 90 Huey P. Long Bridge across the Lower Mississippi River, Mile 106.0, AHOP, New Orleans, LA. Work will be conducted from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. daily. The on-scene floating plant will consist of the Tug WEST PEARL RIVER and a deck barge. The floating plant will relocate at the end of each workday. The M/V WEST PEARL RIVER will monitor VHF-FM Channels 8, 16 or 67. Mariners are urged to transit the area at their slowest safe speed to minimize their wake and proceed with caution. Mariners may contact Jerry Griggs at (504) 382-6356, for additional information.
- SR 70 SUNSHINE BRIDGE Repair, MM 167.5
Continuing until May 30, 2023, repairs are being made to the Pier 4 bridge protection system on the SR 70 Sunshine Bridge, across the Lower Mississippi River, Mile 167.5, AHOP, near Donaldsonville, LA., from 6:00 a.m., to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Two work barges and the M/V RUDY T., will be working at Pier 4. The barges will extend 100 feet from the pier into the channel. Repairs will take place on both sides of the pier. At the end of the work day all equipment will be secured on the LDB. Mariners should contact the RUDY T. via VHF-FM Channel 16, for updates.
- I-10 Bridge Fender Repair Operations, MM 228.5-230.0
Continuing until August 1, 2023, fender system repair operations will be conducted on the I-10 Bridge near Mile 229.3, AHOP, left descending pier, of the center span. Work will be conducted from 6:00 a.m., to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Mariners are urged to transit at the slowest safe speed to minimize wake, from Mile 228.5 AHOP to Mile 230.0 AHOP. For additional information, mariners can contact Ryan Finnie, at (321) 501-3936 or via VHF-FM Channel 21.