Summary of planned LMR restrictions, by date:
|November 14 to January 15, 2023||MM-106 Huey P Long Bridge||Pier Fender Replacement||Slow safe speed with minimal wake, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm daily|
|November 14 to May 30, 2023||MM-167.5 Sunshine Bridge||Pier Fender Replacement||Slow safe speed with minimal wake, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm M-F|
|October 1 to August 1, 2023||MM-230
|Pier Fender Repairs||Slow safe speed with minimal wake, 6:00 am to 7:00 pm M-Sat
|December 19, 2022 to December 23, 2022
January 5, 2023
|USACE Revetment||Extreme cold weather delayed production and extended work till at least 5 Jan 23. One-way transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will fold in at night.|
|January 5, 2023 to January 13, 2023
January 16 & 17, 2023.
|USACE Revetment||One-way transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will fold in at night.|
|January 19, 2023 to January 27, 2023
January 30, 2023 to February 7, 2023
|White Castle, 192.7 RDB||USACE Revetment||No deep-draft transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will fold in at night.|
Friday, December 30 thru Friday, January 4
- Fireworks Safety Zone from 11:30 pm December 31, 2022, thru 12:30 am January 1. 2023. MM 93.5 to MM 96.5 LMR (Algiers Point).
- Revetment Operations Reserve MM-138.7 LDB: . Extreme cold weather delayed production and extended work till at least 5 Jan 23. One-way transits during working hours. Minimum wake 24/7. MSU will fold in at night.
- US 90 HUEY P LONG BRIDGE Pier Fender Replacement, MM 106.0 Continuing until approximately January 15, 2022, Coastal Marine Contractors LLC., is replacing the pier fenders on the U.S. 90 Huey P. Long Bridge across the Lower Mississippi River, Mile 106.0, AHOP, New Orleans, LA. Work will be conducted from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. daily. The on-scene floating plant will consist of the Tug WEST PEARL RIVER and a deck barge. The floating plant will relocate at the end of each workday. The M/V WEST PEARL RIVER will monitor VHF-FM Channels 8, 16 or 67. Mariners are urged to transit the area at their slowest safe speed to minimize their wake and proceed with caution. Mariners may contact Jerry Griggs at (504) 382-6356, for additional information.
- SR 70 SUNSHINE BRIDGE Repair, MM 167.5 Continuing until May 30, 2023, repairs are being made to the Pier 4 bridge protection system on the SR 70 Sunshine Bridge, across the Lower Mississippi River, Mile 167.5, AHOP, near Donaldsonville, LA., from 6:00 a.m., to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Two work barges and the M/V RUDY T., will be working at Pier 4. The barges will extend 100 feet from the pier into the channel. Repairs will take place on both sides of the pier. At the end of the work day all equipment will be secured on the LDB. Mariners should contact the RUDY T. via VHF-FM Channel 16, for updates.
- I-10 Bridge Fender Repair Operations, MM 228.5-230.0 Continuing until August 1, 2023, fender system repair operations will be conducted on the I-10 Bridge near Mile 229.3, AHOP, left descending pier, of the center span. Work will be conducted from 6:00 a.m., to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Mariners are urged to transit at the slowest safe speed to minimize wake, from Mile 228.5 AHOP to Mile 230.0 AHOP. For additional information, mariners can contact Ryan Finnie, at (321) 501-3936 or via VHF-FM Channel 21.
Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) Lower Mississippi River, in accordance with the Navigation Safety Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations Title 33, Subpart 161.11, will establish a series of VTS measures for all waters of the Lower Mississippi River from Mile Marker (MM) 0 to MM 2.0 Above Head of Passes (AHP). These measures are needed to protect persons and vessels from the potential safety hazards associated with the removal of the temporary submerged discharge line for Hopper Dredge Disposal Area (HDDA) dredging operations crossing the channel, and are in effect with the following provisions:
- January 10, 2023, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time: all vessels are prohibited from transiting between MM 0 and MM 2.0 AHP.