ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Catalog and Maintain online inventory for assigned locations
- Coordinate and track warehouse, transportation, personnel, equipment, parts, and supplies throughout company operations and locations
- Helps organize and maintain the warehouse documentation filing system, supply, and equipment lists.
- Ensures that warehouse areas are maintained in a clean, safe, and organized manner, ensuring proper housekeeping standards are met
- Performs inspection, documentation, and tracking of goods as they are received; ensures that supplies are stored correctly using safe work practices.
- Manage and track warehouse personnel to ensure efficient operation
- Maintain relationships with vendors for competitive and low pricing.
- Send out requisitions for Quotes upon request
- Code Purchase Orders once approved.
- Control parts distribution out of inventory and properly code to job number, location and reorder
- Safely operate equipment and perform laborious duties necessary to warehousing operations
- Supports all company safety initiatives
- Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associated or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to apply specialized knowledge in an area of operations, transloading and logistics
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinking, decision making, and negotiating skills
- Must be able to cope with mental stress placed on him/her to meet the demands of the job.
- Cognitive and perceptual skills necessary for the safety of the environment.
- Must be able to follow instructions and procedures exactly as trained or directed by superior.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment including forklifts and loaders
- Proficiency in securing loads in order to avoid shifting and transit
- Ability to work extended hours, including holidays, weekends, and rotating shifts as needed
- Proficient in computer skills including PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applicable programs
- Physical ability to perform labor-intensive work functions as needed
- Must possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) in order to communicate.
The incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations, noise levels will be moderate-high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day spent in the work environment.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. The incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/ or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/ or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity