Liebherr is accepting applications for a Warranty Administrator (Newport News, VA)
The Warranty Administrator responsiblity is to coordinate the processing of warranty claims to LWE. This includes but not limited to, data entry into our BaaN system; processing core and and new part claims, processing credits once an inspection of parts has been completed; and corresponding with the customer and the factory (LWE).
- Process and file warranty claims generated in LUS-LCI.
- Process all supplier and customer claims with LWE and track credit notes for parts.
- Assist Customers with inquiries regarding parts transactions and credits.
- Call customers and arrange pickup of warranty parts that need to be returned.
- Correspond with LWE concerning warranty/core returns.
- Conducts research, extracts data from appropriate relational databases, prepares statistical reports and spreadsheets.
- Accept all credit notes or denial letters from LWE in LISA and process any credit due to customers.
- Submit correspondence to customers regarding transactions via fax, email or mail.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or equivalent education with a minimum of one to three years of experience in a parts or similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Ability to learn to learn and use an ERP system (i.e. Baan).
- Ability to learn and use a warranty administration system (LiSA II).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Ability to push, pull, lift or carry upto 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends as needed.
- Expert level knowledge of value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr-Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.