Garver is accepting applications for a Water Infrastructure Team Leader (Houston, TX)
Garver is seeking a Water Infrastructure Team Leader to join our established Texas Water team working on water infrastructure specific projects. The person will lead a team consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and CAD technicians focused on the production of design phase deliverables including reports, studies, technical memoranda, design manuals, plans, details and specifications. The Team Leader must be capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of service are exceeded.
The Water Infrastructure Team Leader will assist the Texas Water Team in business development activities, including building and maintaining client relationships, participating in industry activities and events, supporting proposal development efforts to capture and maintain workload, and developing scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates for new projects. This Team Leader will also be included in client meetings and at industry conferences to serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line.
Specifically, responsibilities will include design and managing a variety of projects related to:
- Water conveyance and distribution, including pump stations and storage facilities
- Wastewater conveyance and collection, including lift stations and force mains
- Pipeline inspection and rehabilitation
- Water and Wastewater master planning
In addition to design, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, coordination with regional offices and regulating agencies, and quality assurance and quality control. Periodic travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties.
The Team Leader will also assist the Texas Water Team Leader in managing and mentoring teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring the delivery of quality products that adhere to Garver standardization.
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Be technically competent with water or wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader. Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
- Construction management, excluding construction observation, for local projects
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Must have 8 or more years of similar technical experience
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of TX
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater projects
- Must have a strong knowledge base of engineering principals related to water and wastewater infrastructure
- Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be passionate about client service and the water industry
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.