March 8, 2021: Federal Register (full link below)
The Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works (ASA(CW)) is issuing this notice for a comment period for stakeholders and other interested parties to provide input and recommendations to the ASA(CW) on any provisions in the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2020. The Office of the ASA(CW) will consider all comments received before any implementation guidance is issued.
Five stakeholder sessions will be held to allow the public to provide input on any provisions in WRDA 2020. Commenters can provide information on any provision of interest during each session. We encourage stakeholders with specific interests to a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) mission area to participate in the session aligned with that mission area. The ASA(CW) and the Corps will co-host focused sessions using webinars/teleconferences by means of the web link https://usace1.webex.com/meet/WRDA2020 and teleconference information at (844) 800-2712, Code 199 937 4287 at the following dates/times:
- March 16, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern to receive comments on Navigation (Inland and Coastal) provisions;
- March 23, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern to receive comments on Flood Risk and Coastal Risk Storm Damage provisions;
- March 30, 2021 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern to receive comments on Ecosystem Restoration and Nuisance Species provisions;
- April 6, 2021 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern to receive comments on Water Supply and Hydropower provisions; and
- April 13, 2021 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Eastern to receive comments on any WRDA 2020 provisions.
The public comment period will end on May 7, 2021. Comments must be received on or before that date to be considered during development of implementation guidance.